Produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters.
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements.
- Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces, adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains a constant review of operations assigned to them to ensure quality control.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Ensure that all machines run at moderate and proper speed.
- Supports positive employee relation environment as directed by management.
- This position interacts with other departments such as Quality Assurance, Engineering, Operations, Sales, Etc.
Preferred Experience with Using:
- Mazak Horizontal Machine
- Haas Vertical Mill
- Lathe Drill Press
- Mechanical aptitude.
- General mathematical ability.
- Ability to read and interpret reports and spreadsheets.
- Ability to enter information in a computer system for tracking labor and operations.
Must Be Able To:
- Lift 50 lbs.
- Work in non-toxic environment with some slight odor.
- 1st shift Opportunity
- Competitive Wages
- Full Time Position
- Great Benefits!
- MSI Pays 100% Employee Healthcare- After 90-Day Introductory Period
- Company Vision Plan
- Company Dental Plan
- 3 Weeks’ Vacation to Start
- 2-week Company Shutdown for Christmas/ New Year Holiday
- 12 Paid Holiday’s (If it falls on scheduled work day)
- 401K Program with Limited Match