Motor Specialty takes immense pride in the products we produce for our clients. We continuously strive for 100% perfection, and aim to ensure that our customers receive the highest quality products. This goes for all products, from the components we make to the mechanisms we repair. Our team at Motor Specialty will ensure that all modifications are to your specifications. Our goal at MSI is to add value to your motor manufacturing process. Our dedicated team can also provide many additional features, such as:
- CNC Turning of Shafts and Spindles – Motor Specialty offers 1/4″ to 1″ shaft and spindle sizes, including keyways, flats, pinion gears and both I.D. and O.D. Threading and knurling (a manufacturing process where a pattern of straight, angled or crossed lines is cut or rolled into material).
- Grinding – Motor Specialty offers precision grinding to meet even the most exacting specifications with a 10” Swing and 24” between centers.
- Powder Coating – MSI features a multi-jet Nordson powder coating line with a Jaeger and Light heated drying tunnel with a 7” by 12” opening. We also feature Tiger Drylac coatings.
- Part Cleaning – Motor Specialty utilizes a 2-part Soap/Degreasing and Metal Etching combination cleaning system for each part to ensure that all manufacturing lubricants and contaminants are removed prior to powder coating.
- CNC Milling/ Milling – MSI utilizes a Haas VF2 CNC vertical mill with a 36” by 14” workable surface, 20-pocket carousel tool changer and custom made fixtures. In addition, we have multiple CNC knee mills of varying sizes which are able to accomplish small production runs or custom machining.
- Pressing Options – From bearing pressing to lamination stacking, Motor Specialty features Denison and Niagara presses from 2-ton to 8-ton capabilities. MSI also features the ability to manufacture custom pressing tooling.
If you are an OEM that needs to outsource the manufacturing of DC motors, contact our knowledgeable team at MSI today for a quote!